If you are ever on Pinterest I’m sure you’ve been bombarded with Coconut oil Ideas and uses lately. Well I thought I would share my favorite coconut oil and my favorite uses for Coconut oil!
My Go to Coconut Oil that never Fails me is TropicalTraditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, this coconut oil is always great quality and works for everything that I need it too.
Made from organic, fresh coconuts in rural areas of the Philippines, to earn the Gold Label Standard designation, Tropical Traditions repeatedly tests its products in an independent laboratory analysis to make sure it has the highest amounts of antioxidants available in Virgin Coconut Oil. And since they’ve made coconut oil for over 10 years, they know that the time-honored tradition of using the wet-milling process of extracting the oil from fresh coconuts is the best way to produce a quality coconut oil.
Containing only 117 calories per Tablespoon, each nutrient-dense serving is 0 carbohydrates, perfect for low-carbohydrate diets. It’s great! In fact, when I’m not rubbing it into my skin, I’m incorporating it in my daily meals somehow!
Coconut oil is solid at room temperature (under 76 degrees Fahrenheit) and liquid when heated. When I first started using Coconut oil I was totally confused by the solid state I thought it would be well oil lol
Ok Here are My top 13 Uses for coconut oil and yes I’ve actually tried all of these!!
1. HAIR MASK: Coconut Oil is Fantastic for conditioning your hair!!! I apply coconut oil to my dry hair (all over massage it in) then blast it with my hair drier for a few quick minutes (the heat helps with nutrient absorption) then I leave it in my hair for 15-30 minutes and to rinse it out I shampoo like normal (sometimes you’ll have to shampoo twice) but your hair is left silky soft and shiny and smells great!! I use a coconut mask in my hair at least once a month!!
2. EYE CREAM: Coconut oil is amazing for moisturizing around the eyes and it’s natural and in no way will irritate that delicate skin! I Noticed a difference after just 1 night of using coconut oil as my eye cream!
3. SHAVE : This has to be one of my favorite uses for coconut oil!!!! I use it in place of shaving cream and my legs have never been softer or smoother! The coconut oil helped achieve a closer shave and left my skin so soft and smelling great!!
4. LIPS: Dab some coconut oil on your chapped lips and you’ll have baby soft lips almost instantly!
5. HANDS: Do you have dry icky hands? Well use Coconut Oil in place of lotion and watch you r hands and nail beds change wonderfully!! You’ll have soft skin!!
6. EYE MAKEUP REMOVER: Coconut Oil works Wonderfully for removing Eye makeup, I use to use baby oil and would still have to scrub some of the mascara or eyeliner off, but since switching to coconut oil with one quick wipe my eye makeup is off, and it’s great for the skin too!!
7. FACIAL CLEANSER: Like I mentioned above Coconut oil is great doe Acne, well why not replace your chemical filled facial cleanser and opt for a more natural one, Coconut Oil!! It not only cleans your face but it won’t leave your skin dry! Just scrub it on and wash it off!!
8. DANDRUFF/CRADLE CAP: My 2 year old daughter still had horrible cradle cap but after washing her hair with coconut oil, it was gone!! Same applies to Dandruff, just massage it in let it sit a few minutes and rinse it out!
9. ALL OVER MOSTURIZER: Use Coconut oil everywhere! I use it in place of lotions and my skin has never been healthier!!!
10. SUNBURN: do you need instant sunburn relief?? Use Coconut Oil, it will help soothe that dry itchy burning skin!
11. BAKING : I usually coconut oil in place of butter when baking, my family’s favorite would be using it in our chocolate chip cookies recipe, the cookies will taste just like Almond Joys or Mounds!! Here is the recipe:
2 ¼ cups Flour 1 cup coconut oil 1 tsp vanilla
1tsp Baking Soda ¾ cups sugar 1 ¾ cup chocolate chips
1 tsp Salt ¾ cup brown sugar 2 eggs
Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl and set a side, then cream coconut oil, sugars, and vanilla in a bowl, add eggs 1 at a time, then slowly mix in the dry ingredients and then chocolate chips! Bake at 350 for 5-8 minutes.
12. EAT IT: I add about 3 tbsp to my protein shakes, it’s a natural sweetener, low in calories and ZERO carbs, also it’s super healthy for you!!
13. SUGAR SCRUB: I use coconut oil when making a sugar scrub, it’s super easy and you’ll never want to buy one of those super expensive sugar scrubs again
1 ½ cup sugar
½ cup coconut oil
2 TBSP Lime Juice
Mix it all together and put in a pretty jar (I put mine in a mason jar) then you have your very own sugar scrub that is great for your skin and way cheap and easy to make! Not to mention I love the combination of coconut and lime scent!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY USES FOR COCONUT OIL? I LOVE FINDING NEW WAYS TO USE IT!!!
Win 1 quart of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
You can also watch the video they produced about Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality
coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.
Do YOu Want to Win Your Very OWN Quart Of Gold Label Tropical Tradition Virgin Coconut Oil? Use the Rafflecopter below!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. “If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.”